When Does Damaged Property Qualify for a Tax Deferral Break?

by Julian Block | Jan 02, 2019   ()

The tax code provides some valuable relief when property is “involuntarily converted”—condemned by a governmental authority, stolen or damaged, or destroyed by a fire, flood or the like. Code Section 1033 allows you to defer the tax on the gain if you receive a condemnation award or insurance proceeds that exceed your basis (cost, in most cases) for the property.
Read More

Source: Accounting Web
Source: Accounting Web

News Archive